Reporting to the Director of Clinical Services, this position will be based off-site at a WCS owned and operated location and will also travel/work in the general community. This position will be responsible for individual and group counseling of WCS residents in 24-hour Residential Care Center, and individual counseling of residents and their families along with case work efforts involving residents and their families in planning, implementing, and coordinating services and resources. The Community Based Clinical Therapist-WCS will have contact with a wide variety of individuals including clients and family members, Lad Lake and WCS program staff, vendors and other collateral contacts, neighbors, funders, Local and State agencies, staff of youth serving agencies and the general public.
Essential Job Duties:
- Conduct an initial assessment of the resident’s treatment and service needs.
- Develop and maintain an initial assessment and crisis safety plan for each youth.
- Based on resident’s assessment, develop for the resident a written treatment plan based on Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) and Multisystemic Therapy (MST/FIT) models.
- Coordinate, monitor and document assessment of the resident’s progress in response to treatment, in dated summary form, using criteria found in the resident’s treatment plan.
- Coordinate, monitor and document significant events relating to implementation of the resident’s treatment plan.
- Provide individual and group counseling of residents that reflects the objectives of the treatment model and includes significant attention to client engagement, positive reinforcement, and use of evidence based best practices for a high-risk, vulnerable youth population.
- Provide individual counseling of residents and their families that reflects the objectives of the treatment model and includes significant attention to client engagement, positive reinforcement, and use of evidence based best practices for a high-risk, vulnerable youth population.
- Provide case work efforts involving residents and their families in planning, implementing, and coordinating services and resources.
- Must be available 24/7 on call for residents and families.
- Keep appropriate documentation for all funding sources.
- Maintain communication liaison relationship with professionals related to Residential Care Center.
- Uphold and promote a positive and supportive culture for clients and staff.
- Maintain client confidentiality within all written and verbal communications.
- Adhere to State licensing requirements.
- Adhere to Lad Lake policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master's degree in a social or behavioral science field
- Minimum license of LCSW, LPC, or LMFT.
- Two years field work experience or employment experience working with children or families.
- Working knowledge of positive child/youth development; patience and understanding of difficult life situations; the ability to interact with escalating youth and/or parents in a calm and professional manner; ability to follow oral and written instructions; ability to respond appropriately in crisis situations; proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel; perform basic computer functions; uses time efficiently and effectively; ability to multi-task; sensitivity towards cultural, ethnic and disability issues.
- Ability to display cultural competence by responding respectfully and effectively to people of all cultures, languages, classes, races, ethnic backgrounds, religions and other diversity factors in a manner that recognizes, affirms and values the worth of each client.
- Experience with DBT, CBT, MST and/or FIT preferred.
- Knowledgeable about TIC and strength-based delivery system.
- Knowledge and skills to work with population age 12-17.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to manage multiple complex tasks, strong professional communication and team work.
- Valid driver’s license, automobile, and insurance sufficient to meet agency requirements.
- Meet all the employee requirements including references, criminal background check, drug test, and driver’s license check.