To provide academic supervision and support to students enrolled in a virtual school environment.
- Manages enrollment of clients into a Wisconsin DPI accredited virtual learning environment.
- Develops a Personal Learning Plan (PLP) for every student in the program.
- Provides academic support/assistance to individual students or small groups based on student needs.
- Administers STAR Assessments for both pre and post testing.
- Communicates to Unit Manager, Unit Therapist, and Principal on a regular basis about student progress.
- Fills out Education Progress Notes in Kaleidecare and Infinite Campus on a monthly basis.
- Be an active participant in our school that fosters respect, trust, risk-taking, open-mindedness, flexibility, collaboration, and continuous improvement.
- Operate in a demanding but rewarding environment that requires staff to be flexible problem-solvers who manage ambiguity and challenges well.
Education/Training: Requires a high school diploma.
Skills: Must be able to deal with students in a positive and confident manner; be fair and consistent when working with a culturally, racially, and economically diverse student population. Is team oriented, but also able to work independently, flexible and possess effective behavior management techniques. Be computer savvy, with proficiency in email, word processing, spreadsheets, Google Docs, Infinite Campus, etc. Be a highly collaborative, results-oriented, adaptable, problem-solving self-starter. Be positive, thoughtful, passionate, articulate, motivating, and empowering with students and team members.
Experience: At least one year experience working with youth in an Education, Residential Treatment or Alternative Youth program setting and at least 21 years of age.