To be the individual that prepares new apartments for young adults who are aging out of care and moving into their first home. To be a support to the program to ensure needed items are available to the young adults in our program in relation to their apartments and their basic needs.
- Coordinate with Resource Manager for donation pick up dates and times
- Scheduling volunteer helpers for donation pickups and client relocation
- Pickup of in-kind donations
- Supervising volunteer helpers
- Recording of in-kind donations
- Keeping Donation areas organized, clean and in code
- Coordinate with Resource Manager apartment move in dates and times
- Prepare apartment for clients
- Filling client orders for furniture and household goods
- Provide transportation and relocation assistance to clients
- Recording of furniture and household goods to clients
- Conduct apartment cleanouts as necessary
- Perform minor repairs and maintenance on apartments, furniture and household goods
3. Food Pantry
- Coordinate with Resource Manager for food donation pick up dates and times
- Assist with food purchase from supplier
- Stocking food pantry after purchase
- Keeping food pantry clean and organized and stocked
- Weighing and reporting outgoing food to clients
- Conduct inventories as necessary of food and other purchased goods
- Fueling of program vehicles; reporting vehicle maintenance concerns to supervisor.
- Other assignments as directed
The ideal candidate must be able to address the concerns and maintenance needs of our clients in a friendly and professional manner. Must have good organizational abilities, follow-up skills, and attention to details both in their work and when communicating with our clients. The right candidate would have some general moving or custodial/maintenance experience, but is not required. Must be comfortable working in a team-oriented atmosphere. Must also have a valid driver's license in good standing.
Education/Training: Minimum of high school diploma, or equivalent
Skills: Ability to multitask, organize, work independently and communicate efficiently; physical ability to lift and relocate furniture including couches, refrigerators etc. . .; ability to drive a van and box truck; must be experience and comfortable working on a computer.
Experience: Prior experience working in a team environment with a diverse population
**This position pays $12.75 an hour **