Responsible for the effective, trauma-informed treatment interventions supporting youth struggling with addiction.
- Provide evidenced based interventions for youth requiring AODA services.
- Complete appropriate alcohol and drug assessments with youth.
- Provide clinical consultation to family members and comprehensive team members to help support the clients recovery.
- Use a strength-based and trauma informed approach to work collaboratively with clients to develop a plan that helps support their treatment and recovery.
- Maintain a working knowledge and relationship with other drug and alcohol treatment programs and a list of resources within the youth’s home community.
- Maintain requirements for licensure/certification.
- Maintain current on evidenced based best practices of AODA services with adolescents.
- Lead weekly evidenced informed AODA groups.
- Lead individual AODA sessions.
- Provide timely updates both written and verbal to the comprehensive treatment team regarding progress and interventions with the youth.
- Develop plans with youth regarding sustained recovery plan beyond their residential treatment.
- Participate in team meetings and case reviews as needed.
- Present effective support trainings at the team meetings as needed.
- Complete required documentation.
Education/Training: Licensed/Certified AODA Therapist
Skills: Ability to engage youth.Compassionate about the well-being and healthy living of others. Informed around effective strategies for substance abuse and recovery.
Experience: Two years of experience working with adolescents preferred.