We are looking for positive, supportive, caring adults interested in helping 17-20 year young men heal, have fun and reach their potential. Our Cottage unit supports young men who are in need of a positive role model, guidance and encouragement to change their direction. We focus on the path to become a positive man and productive member of society. Please apply if you would like to help put a smile on a young man’s face and hope in their heart.
Guiding Growth. It’s a mission, a philosophy we’re dedicated to at Lad Lake. One that provides a brighter future – from staff member to student – for everyone involved.
To be a proper role model and provide adequate supervision, guidance, structure, and behavior management to all clients in the Residential program.
- The employee must recognize and consistently demonstrate that the safety and security of Lad Lake residents and staff is their primary responsibility.
- The employee must be punctual, flexible, and available with concerns to scheduling.
- The employee must be an active participant in the treatment plan, as set forth by the therapist, school and treatment team.
- The employee must understand and be able to utilize appropriate behavior management techniques consistent with their training and employment level.
- The employee must understand and follow specific unit guidelines and procedures. Regular in-person attendance is an essential function of this position
- The employee shows a willingness to take advantage of opportunities offered in an effort to become a more productive member of the treatment team.
- The employee communicates well with residents, treatment team members, and other staff, both verbally and in writing.
- The employee demonstrates the ability to listen, learn, understand, and follow verbal and written directions.
- The employee is an energetic and productive member of the treatment team and realizes the importance of his/her role.
- The employee recognizes the importance of, and has the ability to separate his/her personal life from work.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent and be at least 21 years of age or older.
- Must have a valid driver’s license in good standing.
- Must have a passion to help others.
- Previous experience with this population preferred.
Must have 2nd shift availability including weekends.