Guiding Growth. It’s a mission, a philosophy we’re dedicated to at Lad Lake. One that provides a brighter future – from staff member to student – for everyone involved.
To assist the department in providing a safe, comfortable, and attractive living and working environment for LadLake across the campus.
- Perform general upkeep and repair tasks as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Be particularly responsible for the repairs in units as assigned.
- Maintain and repair equipment needed to effect necessary upkeep and repairs.
- Be alert for safety hazards and make repairs immediately if possible, and report the problem to the department Supervisor.
- Operate any and all LadLake equipment carefully following LadLake’s safety guidelines and report any malfunction to the Supervisor.
- Complete necessary driving to schools, post office, stores, etc. as assigned by department Supervisor.
- Assume “on call” status as assigned.
- Assist as directed in emergency situations.
- Be responsible to supervise resident employees assigned to the Maintenance Department with expected adherence to the unit treatment plans and practice methods.
- Demonstrate consideration and respect for both clients and staff keeping in mind that all staff members are “role models” to our youth. Regular in-person attendance is an essential function of this position.
- In addition to essential functions, the Maintenance Worker is expected to effectively and efficiently perform any and all other reasonable duties as may be identified and assigned by the supervisor.
Education/Training: Must have a high school diploma or equivalent and be at least 18 years old and at least 2 years older than the oldest resident. Must be able to read and speak English. Must posses a valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record per agency policy.
Skills: Possess some knowledge and skill in general repair and upkeep of facility buildings and have a basic understanding of carpentry, electrical work, plumbing, construction, small engines, and auto mechanics. Must be able to move and lift 50 lb. cartons.
Experience: Prior maintenance experience and experience working with and understanding an at-risk youth population strongly preferred.
****Position pays $15-$16 an hour based on experience****