Provide supervision and coaching to youth through hands on experiential work experience in the community and campus to prepare youth to be excellent employees. This position aids youth in having promising futures and advancing their ability to be productive members of society. The leader provides support, motivation and guidance in a trauma informed manner based in solid evidenced based practices. The leader coordinates community projects and serves as a positive representative of Lad Lake in the community.
- Promote a safe environment within the Vocational Training Program that is supportive to the learning and treatment process.
- Complete and maintain all required paperwork, including progress reports, student evaluations, work permits, attendance forms, and timesheets.
- Coordination of the agency resources as they relate to the implementation of the overall program.
- Make sound recommendations that lead to initiatives for growth of the Vocational program.
- Identify work projects that are cost effective and that will teach students useful skills for their future employability.
- Provide support to other work crew leaders, residents, and management.
- Supervise the transportation of the students.
- Regular in-person attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Must possess a valid drivers license and physically able to operate a multi passenger vehicle.
- Must be physically able to operate machinery, landscape equipment.
- Must be able to safely lift a minimum of 50 lbs. without assistance and to push and pull up to 150 lbs. with appropriate equipment.
- Requires significant physical demands (standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, reaching, and hand/eye coordination) throughout entire work shift and requires tasks to be performed in all types of weather conditions.
- Must be physically capable of restraining student using an accepted physical restraint method such as Crisis Prevention Training (CPI).
- Must be capable to physically remove a threat to prevent student injury.
- Must be physically and emotionally able to deal with crisis situations in calm, professional manner.