Lad Lake's Passage School is now hiring for a Part Time Van Driver to join our Dousman campus! This position would be a split shift with AM driving hours and PM hours, depending on the route 6:00am-8:00am and 2:30pm-4:30pm.
Safely operates a passenger van or vehicle to transport residents/students, under all types of weather conditions, to and from school routes, and on field, co-curricular and special or extra activity trips as required.
- Use Lad Lake vehicle to transport client/residents to various locations.
- The employee must recognized and consistently demonstrate that the safety and security of Lad Lake residents and staff is their primary responsibility.
- Maintain order and discipline among passengers in accordance to Lad Lake’s policy.
- Must be punctual, flexible and available with concerns to scheduling.
- Conduct daily safety inspection of van; inspect the interior, exterior and engine of vehicle
- Observe legal and defensive driving practices.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Must be an active participant in the education plan, as set forth by the Education team.
- Understand and be able to utilize appropriate behavior management techniques consistent with their training and employment level.
- Communicate effectively with others, establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Communicate well with residents, treatment team members, and other staff, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrates the ability to listen, learn, understand, and follow verbal and written directions.
- Is energetic and productive member of the treatment team and realizes the importance of his /her role.
- Recognizes the importance of, and has the ability to separate his/her personal life from work.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Day Education Coordinator.
SKILLS: Must have a good driving record and safe driving skills required. Ability to work under limited supervision and time constrains. Strong communication skills, that allow you to understand written procedures, write routine reports, and speak clearly. The ability to use directional maps and learn new areas of different routes.
EXPERIENCE: Five years of experience as a licensed driver. Knowledge of the Southeast Wisconsin area. Prior experience working with youth in an Education, Residential Treatment, or Alternative Youth program setting is preferred. Previous experience driving a passenger vehicle route is helpful.