Guiding Growth has been our mission from the very beginning. It’s what we do best: guiding at-risk boys, girls and families on the path toward independence and achievement.
This position is for the 2019-2020 school year. The primary responsibilities of the Teacher's Aide are to provide academic and behavior assistance to the assigned classroom teacher.
Lad Lake's Synergy South school is a behavior reassignment school that serves male and female Milwaukee Public Schools’ students in grades 6-12. Synergy South is located in its own building on Milwaukee’s south side. We are looking for a compassionate and cooperative individual to provide classroom support, as well as maintain the safety and development of the students in his/her care.
- Shares a commitment to the success of the mission, goals and objectives of Lad Lake.
- Works in cooperation with classroom teachers to provide academic support/assistance to Lad Lake’s students.
- Academic support/assistance to individuals, small groups or as determined by the classroom teacher.
- Fosters and maintains functional lines of communication and interaction with staff l and other Lad Lake departments to produce effective team relationships as they relate to the implementation of overall programs of services to students.
- Input in student’s rating at the end of the class period. Regular in-person attendance is an essential function of this position
1. Participates in staff meetings.
2. Participate in all required In Services.
3. Additional duties as assigned by the Day Education Coordinator
Must be able to deal with students in a positive and confident manner; be equitable and consistent when working with a culturally, racially, and economically diverse student population. Is team oriented, flexible and possess effective behavior management techniques.
At least one year experience working with youth in an Education, Residential Treatment or Alternative Youth program setting. Qualified person must be at least 21 years of age, have a valid Wisconsin Drivers License and a good driving record in accordance with the agency's automobile policy.