For more than a century, Lad Lake has fostered the growth of children and young adults throughout Wisconsin and the Midwest – provided the opportunity for them to take their futures into their own hands by teaching responsibility and accountability. Most of all, Lad Lake has given boys and girls the chance to make a fresh start.
Guiding Growth has been our mission from the very beginning. It’s what we do best: guiding at-risk boys, girls and families on the path toward independence and achievement.
Responsible for preparing and/or directing the preparation of food to be served complying with all applicable sanitation, health, and personal hygiene standards and following established food production procedures. Responsible for appropriate use of facility supplies and equipment to minimize loss and waste.
- Prepare or direct preparation of food served using established production procedures and systems.
- Comply with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene, and health standards. Observe proper food preparation and handling techniques.
- Store food properly and safely, marking date and item.
- Report necessary equipment repair and maintenance to supervisor.
- Correctly prepare all food served following standard recipes planned for the day.
- Plan food production to coordinate with meal serving hours so that meals are served according to posted schedules and so that excellence, quality, temperature, and appearance of food is preserved.
- Apportion food for serving.
- Keep work area neat and clean at all times; clean and maintain equipment used in food preparation; follow general and weekly cleaning checklists as posted.
- Supervise resident workers in the kitchen at all times never leaving them unattended.
- Ensure security of the kitchen at the end of the day. Regular in-person attendance is an essential function of this position
- Perform tasks which are supportive in nature to the essential functions of the job, but which may be altered or redesigned depending on individual or special circumstances.
- Prepare and serve food for special functions as assigned.
Education/Training: A high school diploma or equivalent preferred. Must be 21 year of age or older.
Skills: Moderate reading and writing skills; proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills; ability to stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighting 50 pounds or less; manual dexterity; ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
Experience: Prior experience in related food service positions required.