For more than a century, Lad Lake has fostered the growth of children and young adults throughout Wisconsin and the Midwest - provided the opportunity for them to take their futures into their own hands by teaching responsibility and accountability. Most of all, Lad Lake has given boys and girls the chance to make a fresh start.
Guiding Growth has been our mission from the very beginning. It’s what we do best: guiding at-risk boys, girls and families on the path toward independence and achievement.
Lad Lake is currently seeking a compassionate, patient, and collaborative individual to to join our team Campus Supervisor Team on our Dousman Campus.
This position is part of the Management of the organization and is expected to role model and train staff to the expectations of the organization. Provide crisis intervention support for all campus departments in a trauma informed manner and have a focus of the elimination of seclusion and restraint. Assist the living units and schools in the daily supervision of residents and students. Maintain security of the campus. Coordinate vehicle fleet. Ensure policy and procedures are followed by staff, report violations to appropriate supervisor or administrative team member, and assist with immediate training and compliance. Ensure incident reports are completed by staff prior to leaving their shift and facilitate the debriefing process with youth and staff following incidents and ensure all documentation is completed appropriately. This position is critical to the advancement of our mission to guide the growth of at-risk youth in order that they reach their potential and live responsibly.
- Maintain a communication log of daily activities on the campus.
- Coordinate vehicle usagage
- Maintain a vehicle fleet log.
- Usage (who, times, where they went)
- Damage or problems (report to maintenance)
- Monitor upkeep of Universal Precaution supplies.
- Maintain security of campus.
- Monitor and respond to alarm system.
- Respond to all emergencies (fire, medical, disturbance, etc.)
- Respond to all crisis situations. Ensure Trauma Informed Care strategies are being adhered to (correct violations immediately and facilitate appropriate reporting of violations to appropriate supervisors or administration and assist in disciplinary process)
- Monitor radio communication and ensure staff are carrying radios as required.
- Monitor and document on and off grounds activities.
- Observe all areas of the campus periodically each day.
- Ensure all buildings are locked and armed at appropriate times.
- Physically visit each living unit at least 3 times on 3rd shift, 2 times on 2nd shift, and 2 times on 1st shift.
- Monitor all visitors on the campus
- Ensure all policy and procedures are being adhered to (correct violations immediately and facilitate appropriate reporting of violations to appropriate supervisors or administration and assist in disciplinary process).
- Inform Campus Supervisor Coordinator of any major occurrences (hospital visits, community concerns, police contacts, etc.)
- Ensure all Type 2 processes are completed for any removal or runaway of a youth with a Type 2 classification.
- Coordinate all Runaway return efforts.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have at least 3 years experience in a residential care center.
- Have at least 1 year experience at Lad Lake (strongly preferred).
- Meet all requirements for Level 3 Youth Counselor (strongly preferred)